Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MTC Week Seven

Hello! What does life say? (that is how you would say it in albanian haha)

I will start with the usual questions.

1. How is the Language
- The language is coming along. Last week we had 2 days in a row where all we spoke was Albanian. It is SO hard. I'm getting better though. I just need to memorize more vocab. It's kinda hard that we only have 4 weeks left, now that we know the grammar, and we are expected to know the whole langauge. There are a lot of words in a language ha. There is no way I will know it all by the time i get there, But i will know enough to teach people about the Gospel. I will definitely have to rely on the Spirit to teach people since my language won't be sharp.

2. Am I teaching people who know Albanian?
-Yes, People who served there missions there come every thursday to be taught by us. It's great. We also have been teaching our teachers.

3. Are we to the point where we only speak Albanian?
-Hahaha. No. it's funny because the Elders who speak spanish are speaking only spanish by week 3 or 4. We have just started learning vocab. We have days set aside where that is all we speak but we can't do it every day.

4. Do I see a lot of guys from BYU?
-Yeah it's starting to wind down. They have either already left or they came before me. THere are a few people who are still here. I have watched many of them come and go. It makes me feel old or something haha. It's very strange. We are already on our 4th group of english speaking missionaries in our zone.

5. Do we have our flight plans?
-Nope. We won't be getting those until the week before we leave.

6. When will I call?
- I will call on my layover whenever that is. I will let you know when I get my flight plans. We are allowed to talk for as much money as we pay to call haha. I should probably just get a calling card.

7. How am I on cash?
- I will probably need to take more out before I leave but for now I'm doing alright. I need a card though.

8. Have I gotten my shot yet?
-No not yet. They put a slip in my mail when I'm supposed to come get it.

9. Have I written brent?
-Yes! I am waiting for his reply! I sent many messages with the missionaries who just left for pocatello this week to give to him (along with the picture of his family) haha. I loved the story about the bird poop. That is so funny.

10. Do we use Preach My Gospel in english or albanian?
-We use both. It's still really hard to comprehend everything in Albanian. I can read it like a pro though :) !

11. When I get to Albania, will I have more time to email?
- I will have an hour, but i will also be reading emails from you all too. So it will probably be about the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright So, The MTc is great. I'm loving it here. I really have not ever been this happy. I understand exactly what Brent was saying in his emails. It is incredible to see what God does when you put all of your trust in him. I came across a scripture this week and when I read it, I had a feeling that I should include it in my Email so here you go! It is in 2nd Nephi 25:23 "...We know that is is by grace that we are saved, AFTER ALL WE CAN DO." I think this is something we all need to think about. Most people believe that we are saved by the Grace of God. Which is true. I think people often times don't realize that we can't be saved by His grace if we don't do our part. Have you really done ALL that you can do? That is just a good question to think about every day. Sometimes it is easy to let little things get in the way of doing what God would want us to do but we need to understand that we wouldn't even be here if it weren't for God. We need to litterally do ALL that we can do. Nothing less of that. We need to be able to say that we have done EVERYTHING we could possibly do. Sure we will all make mistakes, but it is important that we fix those mistakes and move on being a better person than before. Anyways, That is my little message for you all today haha. Hopefully that made sense. I feel like someone needed to hear that. Maybe it's not even someone who get's the email forwarded to them but someone who comes across Ashley's blog (Which I'm so glad she is doing :) )

So this is pretty cool, I got a dear elder this week from some random person from Germany. They somehow found me and just expressed their grattitude of me serving the people in Albania and the Lord.

I loved my Halfway package! haha It had some sparkling grape juice in it. We are going to drink it the night before we leave for a celebration! haha. Alexis, I am happy that you enjoyed the T-shirt! IT's pretty awesome if i do say so myself -- which i do. I think it's hilarious that you are taking an ACT class via skype! hahaha. That is so creepy/funny. Is it any good? Lex, you should "dear elder" elder holmes. HE doesn't get mail very often and it's always so sad when he doesn't. Just talk about class president and stuff. He is not a creeper haha I was the one that told him that he should write you. I am sending a Tape home for you sometime this week. It's not any good ha but maybe it will be cool to hear my voice? If I sent a memory card home (from the camera) would you put it all on the computer and then send it back (without deleting the stuff on it?) That would be awesome! Ashely, I think it would be cool if you did TRC. You wouldn't be able to do Albanian though cause we are only speaking Albanian now so you would not know what to do ha. It would be cool if we bumped into eachother though ha. I want that picture of me and evan that you were talking about from your wedding! Also, I can send a pic of the rubber bands. They basically have red, black, and blue, all together in one set of handles for the bands to go to. hahaha I was dying at the quote that i said about the ray bans. I also want to thank you for your cookies you made with meg and kend. They were AMAZING! Everyone in my district became addicted to them right away. I'm glad to hear that Blizzard is doing well. He is the man. He is such a trooper! I'm also glad to hear that Ohio State is still the best. I would expect nothing less! Mrs. Baker, Thanks for the puppy chow!!! ahh it was so good! and the cookies! They reminded me of being at the baker home! Madison, thanks for the letter! It was great to hear from you! I will write you as soon as i Can! Evan, I got your letter and will be writing you as well. I love you brother! Mom and Dad, I love you both so much. You have been such great parents and such great examples. I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Dad- I loved your marriot and iPhone story. I was laughing so hard through both of those. I hope soccer is going well haha. I'm also pumped for perrysburg football! I love the seniors this year. I hope they take states! Well my time is slowly but surely running out haha. I just want to once again say that I love you all and am so thankful for the letters I get from you. Especially mom dad and ash for sending them basically daily. It really makes my days SOOOO much better. Lex, your letters are great too ha. Just not as frequent as the rest of the family. I understand though. Facebook comes before your brother ;) haha. Bye! I love you!

-Elder Ekël

No comments: