Monday, April 18, 2011

Life in Albania - Week 27

Hello hello. How goes good ol america?!

I will start out with the questions!

1. How has your week gone? Has it gotten any better?

Yeah things have gotten better. I have gotten to know some of the members here better and they are pretty cool. It's just so different from everything else I have done here.

2. If it hasn’t gotten any better, have you talked to your companion about working harder?

I had a talk with my companion and things have gotten a little better. I guess I will have to take it up a little at a time.



4. How is the English class going? You said 8 people came last week. Has it stayed the same?

English course is going well. The same people usually come. 2 of the people want to get baptized so that is pretty awesome. One of the girls who wants to get baptized said she wants to wait til she gets back from Greece at the end of the summer. I hope she gets baptized before she goes.

5. How was church this week?

Church this week was better than last week. There were 13 people there which was a pretty good number for Lushnje.

6. Do you have the members speak in church like we do here in the states?

Yeah. We normally have 1 talk and then we do a sunday school lesson and then church is over. Church is only 1 hour here in Lushnje. Yesterday I bore my testimony because the girl who was supposed to speak didn't come. It went pretty well though.

7. Did you like the soccer jerseys we sent you in one of your birthday boxes?

Yes! Thanks a ton. They weren't the ones I was originally talking about but I really enjoyed them. Everyone thinks i'm soooooo cool haha. Okay, they don't really. But it's all good.

8. How far away is the city you are in from Vlore?

about 1-2 hours.

9. How was your birthday dinner? Am I a better cook than your companion???

My birthday dinner was amazing! You are a great cook mother haha. You both cook differently and both of the meals tasted completely different but they are both delicious!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this week was better than last week. I have one pretty cool story to tell. So this week we went out to one of the surrounding cities of Lushnje with a member. We went to go check up on an investigator who wanted to stop smoking. We were pretty disappointed because he wasn't really wanting to stop smoking. He was just all talk. But it turned out that this drunk man was there at the same place we were who wanted a ride home. The member we were with (Rajmond) let him in the car. We took him to his house and he asked if we wanted to come in his house. I didn't really think it would really be worth our time to go in but we went in anyway. His wife was there and she was so happy to see us and was way more interested in religion than the drunk man haha. We started talking to her and she was talking about how she reads the Bible every single day. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and gave her a copy and she started to cry a little bit. She said "Today is my birthday and this is the first birthday present I have ever gotten in my life." It was so awesome. She gave us huge hugs and said that she would start reading that day. It was a really amazing experience.

I really don't have any other cool stories to tell about this week. My companion plays violin and during our lunches we have been putting together some little songs with him on violin and me playing the melodica. We are planning on doing some street tables and to get people to come to our table we will play songs in between teaching. I think it is going to be a great finding idea. These are some ideas that I have come up with to get him out of the house to find people haha. But hey, I will let you know how it works.

Things are slowly getting better. I hope you are all doing well at home. Your prayers have helped so thank you a ton.

I don't have much else to say. I have learned some awesome recipes and am becoming quite the little chef ha.

-Elder Eckel

No comments: